What Are Precise Guided Implants?
Guided implant surgery uses patient’s CT images to plan implant surgery through computer software. Conventional implant planning via panoramic x-ray images has its limitations as precise execution according to the surgery plan is often difficult. However, guided implant surgery can be executed accurately and precisely as planned. For guided implant surgery a customized surgical template and a specialized surgery tool kit is needed.
What Does Guided Implant Surgery Involve?
Guided implant surgery requires the following tools:
• Cone-beam CT or Cat Scan 3-D Xray
• Implant planning software
• Guided implant surgery drill kit
• Custom surgical template
What Are the Advantages of Guided Implant Surgery?
Guided implant surgery uses CT data to examine and pre-plan the surgery, and since precision execution can be done, guided implant surgery provides the following benefits:
• Accurate, safe, and predictable surgery.
• Shorter operation time.
• Shorter healing time with flapless surgery
• Smaller incisions with less bleeding and pain.
• Immediate loading can be done.
• Bone graft can be minimized.
Contact Us for an Appointment
If you would like to learn more about precise guided dental implants in Los Angeles or you have an existing dental implant that needs attention, schedule an appointment with Silverlake Dental Group today.